I have been married to the most wonderful man for twenty-one years now, and may I just say that Dale is the perfect husband for me. He is hard working, loving, caring and very wise. He cares about me and the way I feel. I know he loves me. He is a great Dad. The kids love him and respect his opinion. He is always willing to help them, even if it's late and he wants to go to bed and they are stuck on math problem, he'll drop everything and help them out. Last Tuesday was our anniversary. The day past pretty uneventfully. We went and visited my Dad at the rehab center that night. Dale and I had agreed that it would be best if we waited until the weekend to celebrate the day. Friday came along and Marie had planned for us to go to the elementary school's fund-raiser movie and dinner night. Dale and I were not really interested in eating a piece of pizza and wathching "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" for our anniversary, so we had to let her down on this one. I did feel bad because she had told all of her friends that she would be there. Luckily our neighbor, Loralie Holmgren, offered to let Marie come and play with Emma while we went out. Marie was okay after that. In fact, she had a great time. Dale and I went to Maddox. I love Maddox especially the fila-mignon. It's one of the best foods in the world. Dale said that he like watching me cut my steak because it cut like butter. The waiter had forgotten to give me a steak knife, but it cut easily with the butter knife. When he brought me the steak knife I thought it was probably bad manners to use the wrong utinsel for the job, so I switched. Not a single piece of fat needed to be trimmed. It was delish. Dale had the trout and said he thinks he found his new favorite at Maddox. We enjoyed the meal and then headed home. We were reaching our house right around 8:00. That is when the movie was suppose to start at the school...Dale and I decided we needed to go for a drive.
We also bought carpet for the upstairs of our house this weekend. I think Dale was going into shock because of the price tag, but I'm excited. It has been six years since we have wanted to do it, and it is finally happening. We decided to allow the girls to pick what color they wanted. The problem was that they also wanted to paint their bedrooms. Marie didn't like her unicorn wallpaper any more and Valerie was tired of the pink. When they picked the colors, Marie was easy. She wanted to paint it a green color with a green carpet. Valerie was a little more difficult. She could not decide between orange, purple, and turquoise. I was really worried about orange because I knew she meant bright orange, but she choose turqoise. I tried to talk her into doing a light turqoise, but she knew what she wanted. It infuriated Dale, because Valerie wouldn't listen to reason. He told her no dark colors. I told her she would get tired of turqoise quickly, but she didn't care. After looking online through my "House Beautiful" magazine for color ideas, trying to see what a WHOLE room of turqoise might look like, I finally relented to let her do it, but I told her she had to have a neutral carpet. She agreed. The carpet won't come for a couple of more weeks, but that is okay, because we have a lot of painting to do. I'll post updates when it happens. Let's just say I am excited. Happy anniversary to Me!
1 comment:
exciting!!! I'd love to replace our carpet upstairs.....this white-ish stuff is the pits!!!!
Post a Comment